2008年3月4日 星期二

你們的孩子並不是你們的

Your children are not your children.
你們孩子並不是你們的。
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
他們是生命所渴盼的子女。
They come through you but not from you,
他們經由你而得到生命,但是他們不是來自於你。
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
雖然他們跟你住在一起,他們並不是屬於妳。

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
你可以給他們你的愛,但不要給他們你的看法。
For they have their own thoughts.
因為他們自有見解。
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
雖然他們跟你住在一起,他們並不是屬於妳。
For their souls dwell in the house of to-morrow,
你可以供給他們居住,但是不要禁錮他們的靈魂,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
那裏是你無法造訪,連你夢中亦無法企及。
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
你可以努力像似他們,但別想要使他們像你。
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
因為生命是不會走回頭路的,也不會為昨天所耽擱。

──── 卡利爾‧吉伯瑞﹝Kahlil Gibran﹞

這真是教養的最高境界,很難,要時時謹記在心.........



兩個不屬於我的小孩!

沒有留言: